Thursday, November 1, 2007

10 days and counting

It has been pointed out to me that I've been neglecting our blog. I guess I didn't really think about updating it again until we were actually gone but I suppose it doesn't hurt to let you all know what we're up to during our last remaining days in Dublin.

The movers are coming on Monday (if all goes to plan) so we're busy preparing for them to come and leave us with an empty, computer-less apartment. The thought of not having our computer readily available is a little frightening to say the least. But I guess it also means we're one step closer to getting on that plane!

We got out our rucksacks last weekend to see just how much we could cram in them. (Check out the "his and hers" picture.) I think I have everything packed on my "necessity" list and I'm up to 30 lbs. in mine. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, it's heavy when it's hanging off your back! I think it's manageable though and it was exciting to try it on with my stuff actually in it. It's hard to imagine carrying your stuff when you're trying on an empty backpack in the store. So, as long as we can keep the rucksacks out of the movers hands on Monday, we'll be golden!
In the meantime, we've been checking the wether in Thailand off and on. Bangkok looks like upper 80's (I could use some of that!) and the islands are a bit rainy. It's the end of the rainy season though so fingers crossed, within a couple of weeks time all will be sunny again!
until next time...

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Have a great time! Can't wait to see the awesome photos I know you'll be taking. : )

Unknown said...

Looking forward to following your trip home! We did two weeks in Switzerland with two backpacks, a stroller and a one year old. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy your great adventure!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous! The most exotic place I've been this year is Tennesse. Have fun, and you'll get used to the heavy pack. Make sure you update the blog as much as possible so I can imagine myself along for the ride.

Enjoy yourselves!

Pops and Mum / Al and Nancy said...

Hey - we are in the system - we met the challenge even though this is still in French. What?? Good thing the last name is Audet!? Ha!
We look forward to tales and pictures of your travels. Good luck as you "downsize" to just backpacks tomorrow. What an adventure you are starting!
Enjoy, enjoy!
XOXO